Breast Implants & Enhancements in Manchester
UK Aesthetic is a cosmetic surgery clinic led by some of the best surgeons in the country. At UK Aesthetic, our surgeons believe that your cosmetic procedures deserve to be completed at the right time, in the right place, by the best surgeon. UK Aesthetic offers a wide range of plastic, reconstructive and aesthetic surgeries to suit your specific requirements. If you’re interested in discussing breast implants and how we can help you, you can contact our team today.
What Happens During A Breast Implant Surgery Consultation?
The success of the breast enhancement surgery consultation will depend on your transparency and honesty. Our main focus is to make sure that you feel comfortable and safe during the surgery. You’ll be asked questions regarding your health and lifestyle so we can cater the breast implant surgery to your needs. We’ll also discuss any possible complications that may occur with the surgery and the possible outcomes of it so you can be well prepared for what to expect beforehand.
Breast enhancement surgery involving the insertion of implants will help to change the size and shape of your breasts by placing the breast implant under the breast gland or behind the breast muscle. If you have any questions about the risks and limitations of the breast implants clinics provide, we will be happy to discuss this with you during your breast enhancement surgery consultation. This will also help you to choose the procedure that you feel is best for you.
Preparation Before Breast Implant Surgery
Breast surgery involving the insertion of breast implants can also be referred to as a ‘boob job’ or breast enhancement surgery and will generally require a general anaesthetic to be used to help you feel as comfortable as possible. Your health and safety is our main concern when going through a surgical procedure, so if you feel for any reason that you’re unable to go through the breast implant surgery please contact us and we are more than welcome to postpone it and rearrange a more suitable time so you can be in the best possible condition for the surgery.
The steps below are important to follow as they can prevent any complications with your surgery as it will be performed under a general anaesthetic.
– Avoid smoking six weeks prior to the breast enhancement surgery so your vessels aren’t prone to blood clotting and your recovery time is easier
– Not taking aspirin will make sure that it does not interfere with the effectiveness of the anaesthetic
– Avoiding herbal supplements or anti-inflammatory drugs can ensure the anaesthetic can work to the best of its ability and your body can work better in naturally recovering
If you require preoperative tests prior to surgery we’ll arrange this for you. You’ll also want to give yourself enough time to fully recover and rest so taking at least two weeks off work will give you enough time to help you achieve this. Every surgery recovery does differ so your surgeon will advise more accurately on the recovery period.
During Breast Enhancement Surgery
To begin with, an incision is created near the breast so the breast implant can be eased into it and rest comfortably in the breast. There can be various options on how this is done including in the crease under the breast, around the areola or through the armpit and we consider these options based on how safe and comfortable it will be to do so. The saline implants or silicone implants are then inserted through the incision and placed under the gland, muscle or both (dual plane breast augmentation), before dissolvable stitches are used to help seal the wounds and reduce the chance of complications occurring.
What Happens After Breast Implant Surgery?
After the breast enhancement surgery, we’ll assist you with returning to the ward where you’ll have the chance to rest up and be given the time that you need to increase your mobility. Initially, you’ll be placed under drains but once the anaesthetic wears off you’ll be able to eat and drink again. Discomfort and pain are expected, particularly around your chest area where the skin will feel tight and become swollen but we can ease this pain through pain relief if needed.
Other recovery steps to follow after breast implant surgery include:
– Aim to wear a support bra for 4-6 weeks after surgery both day and night to ensure they keep in shape and provide aesthetically pleasing results.
– To prevent any complications, arrange for a pick up on the same day as the surgery and have support when you’re resting at home so you can recover as best as possible.
– Check-ups will be scheduled to review your recovery and ensure you’re in good health. We can discuss any questions you may have as well as remind you about the best ways to massage the scars and when you can begin to exercise again.
– Avoiding strenuous activity and exercise can help to prevent complications and allow you to fully recover from your surgery.
– It can be helpful to massage the scars once they’ve healed as it will improve their appearance and provide better final results of your surgery.
Who Should Have Breast Implant Surgery?
Breast implants are suitable for anyone who wishes to add volume to their breasts or improve their shape. They typically come in saline implants or silicone implants. There can also be occasions where breasts appear disproportionate, therefore breast implant surgery can be ideal.
Who Shouldn’t Have Breast Implants?
If you’ve been encouraged or been influenced by anyone, you shouldn’t undergo breast enhancement surgery. If you have unrealistic expectations or a significant medical history, this should also be considered as it can affect the breast implant surgery results.