Conventionally made up of hyaluronic acid, dermal fillers are small injections of gel that work with soft tissue to add volume to the skin. Also known as wrinkle fillers, they can be used around the eyes, cheeks, jawline, mouth and lips.
What are Dermal Fillers?
The dermal filler treatment is currently a popular procedure as it is non-surgical and the results work fast. Dermal fillers are simply an injection of gel which basically restores volume to the targeted area of your face so deep-set wrinkles are smoothed. The wrinkle fillers can also enhance lip plumpness and highlight facial features such as the cheeks and jawline.
What Effects Can Dermal Fillers Have?
As you get older, your body starts to produce collagen and elastin slower and both of these are known to contribute to a more youthful look, this can start around the age of 25. If you want to rejuvenate some areas of your face, here are the benefits of dermal fillers in Manchester:
- Reducing fine lines and wrinkles
- Adds definition to the specified area of the face
- Instant transformation after the treatment
- The hyaluronic acid and collagen used in the fillers are natural substances you already have in your body, which causes healthy hydration and plumpness.
- Long-lasting results of between 6 to 18 months
- Results are subtle and effective (you won’t look like you’ve had surgery)
What Does Dermal Fillers Manchester Treatment Involve?
Dermal Fillers are a non-surgical procedure that involves a series of injections to the targeted areas and a light massage by the surgeon to even out and enhance the treatment. The wrinkle filler procedure doesn’t take long, on average it’s around 30 minutes to an hour. It shouldn’t cause any pain, however, if you feel uncomfortable, you might be offered a local anaesthetic to numb the area depending on your particular procedure.
The results are immediate and the dermal fillers will lift and rejuvenate your skin and add healthy hydration to the facial tissue. The results are very predictable from a surgeon’s perspective. The dermal fillers will also look natural and stay consistent until your next treatment.
Risks And Complications
Various different risks and complications can arise depending on the particular treatment you opt-in for. The following are possible, however severe complications from dermal & wrinkle fillers are uncommon and it will all be discussed during your meeting prior:
- Acne-like skin irritation
- Bleeding, swelling or bruising from the injection point
- Infection from the injection point
- Palpability of the filler under the skin
- Skin redness, rash or itching
- Over or under correction of the wrinkle are being targeted
- Skin Necrosis
How quickly do wrinkle fillers take to show their effects?
The results are instant from Dermal Fillers.
How long do the results last for?
The effects of dermal fillers vary from anything between 9 months to 2 years. It can vary on the fillers used and the thickness desired.
Are there any side effects of using dermal fillers?
It is rare that side effects occur with dermal fillers as the are made with a synthetic sugar molecule with the body tolerates well. However, with any medical procedure, there are side effects which are mentioned above.