Mini Tummy Tuck Surgery
A mini tummy tuck process removes excess skin and fat in the abdominal area. As a result, a youthful-looking contour is restored in the upper body.
What is a Mini Tummy Tuck?
This mini tuck removes excess fat and skin that has formed in the abdominal area of the body. Removal of loose tissue during the surgery helps to improve the aesthetic appearance of the abdominal area. If you have gone through childbirth, experienced a significant weight loss, or had a negative encounter with previous abdominal surgery, this can be a preferred surgical procedure for patients.
Your Mini Tummy Tuck Consultation
As the mini tummy tuck surgery involves the removal of excess skin, the operation will be tailored to each individual’s needs. For example, when large deposits of stubborn fat are present, the mini tuck can be combined with liposuction to provide better results. Your desired results can be achieved so long as you remain open and honest about expectations during the mini tummy tuck consultation.
Questions will also be asked about your health and lifestyle to help cater the mini-abdominoplasty to your needs and avoid potential risks. This will also help to confirm whether or not an alternative form of abdominal surgery may be more suitable.
Mini Tummy Tuck Preparation
To prepare you in the best way possible for your mini tummy tuck surgery, we’ll discuss the best preparation methods prior to your mini tuck. There is a range of precautions that we advise you to follow.
If you smoke excessively, we recommend you stop approximately six weeks before your mini tummy tuck as this will help to avoid any complications with your recovery.
To ensure the best results, we strongly advise you to lose any excess weight prior to mini-abdominoplasty.
Around six hours before the mini tummy tuck avoid drinking or eating as a general anaesthetic will be used during the surgery to help numb any pain. It is expected for you to feel some soreness shortly after the mini-abdominoplasty as your anaesthetic wears off but we can relieve this through other forms of health supplements if required.
Although each individual recovers differently from the surgery, we still advise that you give yourself at least two weeks off from your job to recover fully.
What to Expect During the Mini Tummy Tuck Surgery
How long your mini tummy tuck procedure lasts is dependable on how much excess skin requires to be removed. As only a small amount of skin is required to be removed during a mini tummy tuck surgery, we can expect this to take around one and a half hours.
After Care for Mini-abdominoplasty
Due to the position of the mini tummy tuck on your abdominal area, we’ll take you to the ward which gives you the ability to regain movement following the procedure. Once the anaesthesia has worn off you will be able to eat and drink again.
Pain relief will also be provided shortly after the mini tummy tuck surgery to help numb any pain you feel which will arise from the expected swelling. After the mini tuck it’s worth following these steps in order to ensure a speedy recovery:
- Arranging for a pick-up from the hospital will help to avoid the area from becoming strained whilst you drive.
- Having someone available to care for you whilst you’re at home will prevent the struggle of manoeuvring which you’re likely to feel for about a week or so.
- So we can support you through your recovery, have someone available to help you attend appointments back at the hospital which we’ll schedule after your mini tummy tuck.
- You should avoid any unnecessary straining in the first week of your recovery.
- A support garment will be provided after the mini-abdominoplasty and you should wear this for around 4-6 weeks after the surgery to aid your recovery.
- Light exercise after a week or two, such as walking, can resume.
- You can be encouraged to start normal exercise around three to four weeks after your mini tummy tuck surgery.
- Once your scar has healed, begin to regularly massage it in order to improve its long-term appearance.