3 Factors to Consider When Choosing Your Body Contouring Clinic
Added on 28th May 2020 in Blog
Body contouring is becoming an increasingly popular surgery as more and more patients look to improve the appearance of their figure. Wherever you can, you’ll look for specialists in the procedure to make sure you can get the best possible results. Searching for a body contouring clinic will be a part of that research.
You’ll want to ensure your safety when going through such a procedure as it’s considered a larger surgery compared to others. Choosing the right clinic and surgeon for your surgery is an important step to achieving the results that you wish.
Here are some factors to consider when choosing your body contouring clinic.
Talk to friends and family when doing your research
Some of the best advice and suggestions that you can receive can come from the closest people in your life. If you happen to know a member of your family that’s gone through a similar surgery, ask them if they have any recommendations. Even if they don’t, it’s likely they may know someone who has.
Gaining suggestions and advice from people you trust can reassure you that you’re making the right choice when it comes to choosing your clinic and surgeon.
Choosing your body contouring clinic
Official surgical practices need to be registered to the The Quality Care Commission for England. Being registered to these official boards can ensure they’ve gone through the relevant assessment that meets the standards of medical quality and safety.
At the same time, all staff and surgeons should also be certified and qualified surgeons that have the required training and expertise to perform their role and have your best interest at heart.
Some factors that you can question about your clinic and professionals can be the following:
– Check the quality of the clinic including the cleanliness and equipment that is being used
– Ask to see the qualifications of the surgeon and their team
– Research the surgery that you’re having and understand the risks and complications of the surgery that could arise
– Pick a practice that is officially qualified and understand the necessary care that’s required
– Discuss any worries that you have during your consultation and don’t feel pressured to make a decision immediately
Who should perform my surgery?
A body contouring procedure is a big commitment to go ahead with, so you want to be sure that you’re in the right hands. When you’re looking to choose a surgeon, it’s important that you do the required research about the surgeon and what qualifications they have.
In particular, you should double-check if they are registered with the relevant medical council and have the certificates to prove their qualifications. Similarly, their team should have also had similar qualifications as they’ll be used to assist the surgeon during your procedure.
You must make sure that the surgeon performing your treatment has adequate knowledge to perform the surgery safely.
Final thoughts to consider when choosing your clinic
All the points above should be considered in your steps before choosing a body contouring clinic. Additionally, there can be other useful questions that you can ask during the process:
– How long and frequently have they been trained to perform the treatment?
– Are they covered by insurance?
– How long will the treatment generally take?
– What form of anaesthesia will be used?
– What are the possible risks from the procedure?
– Do you have any before and after photos from previous patients?
– Will you still need to pay even if you decide not to go through the treatment and change your mind?
– What is the procedure if I’m unhappy with my results?
Don’t be afraid to ask many questions, and the surgeon and his team will be grateful for taking interest in your safety. Here at UK Aesthetic, you can be assured that you’re in the best hands when it comes to performing body contouring treatments.
Feel free to browse our body contouring page to find out more details about the surgery. There are also body contouring case studies where you can compare results of previous patients that have gone through similar treatments.Back to Blogs